MRE 0.00% 87.0¢ minara resources limited

Dear AllI am rather disappointed that I was in Perisher on...

1. Eos
    394 Posts.
    Dear All

I am rather disappointed that I was in Perisher on Friday at the interschools when the production annoucement was made and the panickers drove the price into a very nice buying range. (We did win but I came back with the flu!)

Three of my predictions on my 7 July posting have come to fruition (Ni price at 28,000, the share price at $2.30 and an indifferent production in Q2)

After adjusting for the shut in April, the production was slightly more than Q1. Of significance, cash grew by $40 M (or around 9 cents per share). I am not sure whether all of this related to production, but it is still better to have the additional cash than not.

With $110 M of cash, a 10 cent dividend at $46 M could be easily funded. One broker (Citigroup) has predicted 12 cents.

As stated in the quarterly, Minara are projecting 17-19,000 tonnes of production for the second half. Based on today's Ni price of US$28 K and the current $US/$A exchange rate, the 19,000 production figure would translate into a pre-tax profit of A$300 M for the half. Because of tax loss utilisation, there would be no tax paid on this figure.

This is the best possible result, but I do believe that the Ni price will come back a little, the A$ may creep up and the production target may not be achieved.

All these factors will reduce profit, but there will still be a very large profit in the second half any way you look at it. (Remember, most brokers are using a Ni price of US$ 15-16 K in their models).

Regards Eos

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MRE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.