BLY 0.00% $2.91 boart longyear group ltd

Hi guys, if the price has been capped over the last few weeks,...

1. 8,720 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 81
    Hi guys, if the price has been capped over the last few weeks, and the reason for the cap is to discourage take-up of the SPP (which would result in additional dilution), then it would make sense that we would see the price increase atfer the SPP closing date of this Friday. If that happens then the repeating surge pattern I posted on earlier my just still play out (which I hope will happen, because it'd be nice to get a theory proven right).

However, if this is the reason, I think there's a 2nd objective that the cappers are angling for. By keeping the price capped at current levels for so long, there will be a number of SPP subscribers who will sell straight away to turn an immediate profit. The cappers will mop these up quickly ($75M equates to around 228M units - let's say half are dumped straight away thats about 2 days volume at current trading levels) at the current price level, and then hey presto, the cap will be lifted and their shares (and those of us who dont sell) are worth more

Both just theories (maybe conspiracy theories), but they are the two obvious times at which the price will break its current holding pattern, so let's see if either case plays out.

Cheers, Sharks.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.