ICN 0.00% 0.6¢ icon energy limited

Gassed,A market has already been proven up for 626 with Stanwell...

1. 156 Posts.
    Gassed,

A market has already been proven up for 626 with Stanwell involved, $ have changed hands and a price has been set.
    Its only flow rates now for 626 and then we'll have 2p.

Lets be clear, a GSA is determined by two key attrributes:
    1) Reserves, inferred through flow rates of each well
    2) Location, and the associated costs of getting the gas to the market.

Hence, a) we already know the location of Icon's most prospective tenemants (and by association the likely costs of getting it to market) and b) flow rates will only be determined (unless you're lucky) by extensive drilling and tying in many wells across a large area over (often) a long period of time (to start the de-watering).

So my point is, why does the management chase all these pipe-dreams of micro-LNG, massive GSA's with the Chinese, geothermal and drilling technologies when it is clear (as highlighted by BOW), just focus on the drilling (because the location is static -you either got it or you dont).

The GSA, a GSA, will be there when they reach a certain level of market prospectivity. Outside that, they are acting as energy brokers, trying to secure a sales mandate of which they'll receive a clip for all supplies they introduce into the GSA....and that shouldnt be Icon's focus.

I mean, who's going to pay for all of these massive pipelines, LNG facilities and offshore loading terminals??? No price for a GSA can be worked out until the feasibility has been done for the entire supply chain of this product because the Chinese are only interested in the end prodcut reaching their shores.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ICN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.