URANIUM 1.02% $24.70 uranium futures

2012 was the worst year ever for, page-29

1. 7,516 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 844
    The lower it gets, the worse the inevitable supply crunch will be.

Prices are so unsustainable there is no economic incentive to produce more than a bare minimum to get by. Markets can stretch like a rubber band in one extreme direction, like uranium being oversold currently, only to snap back in a rapid correction that forces an equilibrium of supply and demand.

Japan has had so many electrical blackouts and brownouts and is paying so much money for imported fossil fuels just to avoid nuclear, that public opinion has actually turned in favour of restarts. They will come back online sooner or later.

Sure, solar and other renewables are great, but you need so much dedicated land to 'farm' energy it ends up being grossly inefficient. Space is only going to become more precious in population-dense countries like India and China (food supply for instance) that nuclear is the only option.

Germany is the only country I'm unsure about. They want to phase out nuclear, but I don't think it's feasible or sensible. Time will tell.

In fact, hope the price goes back to $30, then you could find some real U bargains.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add URANIUM (NYMEX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.