NEN 0.00% 22.0¢ neon capital ltd

2013 market context and nen

1. 156 Posts.
    Hey guys, I am confident we will be rewarded with NEN. Without exception spec stocks always take longer to realise gains than we first anticipated when we entered the stock. I am upbeat about the idea that mgt is considering a farm-out marketing effort in the US as another poster remarked, you dont do this unless you think you have something marketable. probably the key consideration for me after holding NEN for over 12 months is that it is possible that we could be heading for a purple patch in 2013. Sure everyone wanted quicker newsflow on US assets but Vietnam has just entered the near-term investment horizon. ENI is no newby. Something like a market cap similar to Commbank of around $90B at last look. 3D siesmic de risking drilling. 2 shots at it through two wells. One successful hole and we are talking 10-15 bagger in a heartbeat. Risk yep. Reward potential out of the ball park. I would humbly suggest that the biggest risk is to the upside notwithstanding some possible minor bumps in the road. Now to the 2013 context. Risk looks to be on and the whole market may have the wind at its back. If you have a renewed interest in risk assets NEN could feel the benefit of an extra kick along from the general sentiment. At a market cap of $140m consider NEN with its ~$30m cash, US Assets, Vietnam and Indo blocks and a $50m farm in for two wells in Vietnam not to mention its one-ton data base it acquired for future acquisition of prospective blocks. I reckon we could wake up one day in mid 2013 and have a new outlook on whats possible in the world for us.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.