Just by looking at the picks on here, quite few chances this...

1. 2,196 Posts.
    Just by looking at the picks on here, quite few chances this year. More so because of the unknown runners. I feel its very strong race with maybe some of the internationals underestimating the form coming in.

It never has been waltz in with an average European stayer and win money although the local trainers are looking overseas for suitable types.Only 5 Australian bred horses in this year.It usually pays to have an Australian run to be considered on a win line.I see that the av. winning prizemoney of overseas entrants is quite low, some just coming out of group 3's or 2's.Untried at group 1 level.

The Cox seems to be the form race this year.The Turnbull has been a good race also to line up some of the major chances.Very open cup as everyone has been saying

I have narrowed winning chances down, by my methods to-

-Fiorente- I'm with you here Fluff ticks almost every single box. Will be in the finish, imo.Only query has the Cox Plate softened her?

-Hawkspur-really warmed to this one just can't get the breeding telling me otherwise out of my head. Would be a FREAK to win, but I have a penchant for freaks. My Aussie hope. Waller in form and Cassidy one of the best ever.

-Seville-Solid lead ups, Bowman one of the best riders of stayers as said by Lloyd Williams-hint, hint

Roughie-Dear Demi-great in Mackinnon, Dam is out of Zabeel.

Wealth of horses could place, as always, so will go wide in tri's quartets including ,MountAthos,SeaMoon,Fawkner,Voleuse De Coeurs,Verema,Tres Blue,Royal Empire.

Good luck everyone hope you have a memorable one.

One that years down the track you can sit around and say"I remember in 2013 when .. won I..." like the very good thread we had for the Melbourne cup last year. I went back and read it again.It really gets the spirit of the occasion running.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.