IBG 0.00% 0.4¢ ironbark zinc ltd

2018 Outlook, page-16

1. 70 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    Great comments. Roostar.

Having seen with these sorts of large scale long life resources funding deals. Especially with key resources where China and the western parties are involved...

I firmly believe this is about control of the resource and the marketing rights. Finding the right mix of debt and equity and more specifically who ends up with the equity is what is being negotiated. While there is low sovereign risk in Greenland there is als an element of "opening doors" for the key players since mining in Greenland is a new frontier and largely in its infancy. This is why JD is carefully managing expectations of all the stakeholders.

To my mind this is not a matter of "if" there will be funding but "what level of equity" and to "which party" will it be shifted to.
    Regarding debt financing, one of the issues will be what level of commodity hedging will be required. Having been burnt with Pasminco in the late 90s as the zinc market strengthened and unfilled hedging gifted the company to the banking syndicate, which parties provide debt and under what circumstance is also a consideration. Chinese debt is usually preferred because it comes with fewer covenants regarding hedging.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IBG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $6.375M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.4¢ 0.4¢ 0.4¢ $4.833K 1.208M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 2117531 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 5429982 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.05pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IBG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.