pnv - good story unfolding chart looks set to break thanks to GM...

1. 5,395 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 839
    pnv - good story unfolding

chart looks set to break

thanks to GM for the info below

The diabetes application got a mention in the half yearly and Dr Greenwood has added a comment on his personal description on Linkedin.​

"I have been the Director of the Adult Burn Service at the Royal Adelaide Hospital, Adelaide, South Australia since the end of 2001. Following the Bali Bombings of 22nd October 2002 (and being decorated for my contribution), burns leapt into the public consciousness and my ten year plan was achieved in 6 months. Protocolling my service in 2004, mandated that I decide what constitutes 'non-survivable injury' at RAH. If the two components (skin and airway), I knew I could address the problem of huge skin injury and lack of donor site by creating a two stage strategy to replace the skin graft. The 1st stage (BTM) is now in routine clinical use. The 2nd forced me to design and build a bioreactor to grow 40 pieces 25x25cm of full thickness skin (CCS) in 28 days. This should reach human trial in 2018. Oh, forgot to mention, with Professor Toby Coates, we’re close to curing Type 1 diabetes!"

Fairly unequivocal, the pig trials must have gone really well!! ​

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.