A2M 0.87% $6.85 the a2 milk company limited

Here is my assessment. (Sorry, a little lengthy.) Very pleased...

1. 63 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 15
    Here is my assessment. (Sorry, a little lengthy.) Very pleased with A2s immediate response to the virus threat and I'm positive they will ride this out better than other exporters. Yet, there are dangers:

1. Daigou
    Daigou is one of A2Ms sales channels. As there are some counterfeit A2 products, Chinese prefer buying A2 from daigou as it comes directly from AU and NZ.

The question is: How big is A2M's daigou channel in comparison to their sales in Chinese stores? Also, what % of the daigou channel are tourists and students visiting home with A2 stock in their luggage? Is the lockdown affecting the delivery of parcels by delivery-people?

In the absence of daigou; Will Chinese mothers choose A2 milk from the shelves from all available brands?

2. Direct import:
    It is reported that the lockdown is causing bottlenecks at Chinese ports. Ships are halted and some are redirected to other countries.

Question: Will A2 imports to China affected? How much?

3. Information on the virus
    Dr Norman Swan from the ABC this morning reported that the virus infection rate is much higher than the official rate. According to him, there is a vast amount of people infected.

4. Conclusion
    Whether this will lead to a little blip or a larger dent in sales, could depend on the length and severity of the virus crisis. I'll be more confident once there is more clarity or when there is a cure or a vaccine is available. If it spreads to, say India, what hope there is?

All comments are welcome, especially daigou and Chines posters directly from the motherland.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add A2M (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.