A2M 0.28% $7.18 the a2 milk company limited

2019-nCOV, page-692

1. 1,235 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1543
    I'm not sure what your point is with the heart disease statistics. Shall we kill 30,000 people tomorrow and shrug it off because heart disease kills more?

Whatabouttism is simply an effort to divert from solving certain problems.
    Heart disease is a problem - an old, and well known one. Guess what: we pour enormous effort into preventing it, managing it and treating it.
    Covid19 is a problem - a new one that is still poorly understood by doctors on several extremely important fronts. And yes, we're putting enormous effort into preventing, managing and treating it.

As Cotton2103 pointed out, the cases and deaths would be much higher than they are now without the response and measures that you are calling an overreaction. How much higher? The curve started flattening in early April, predictably roughly two weeks after the our nation finally got serious about messaging responsibly about the disease (due to the one to two weeks average incubation time). Project the curve from that point until now, as following its previous trajectory, and we'd easily be at double the dead.

Imagine yourself saying, during the height of the 9/11 crisis, when the images of people throwing themselves from the towers to avoid burning to death were still seared in our minds: "3000 dead? That's nothing in a population of 330 million. Nobody will be talking about this 1 year from now." You're doing worse with what you are saying here. Get a grip. People are losing brothers, sisters, daughters, sons, mothers, fathers, grandparents, husbands and wives to this at the rate of roughly 2500 people per day.

Again: you would change your tune (I hope) if you lost half your family to this, as some people have. Your's is the voice of someone who has the luxury, for now, of being untouched by a disaster that is 100% real to the millions of Americans who either have the disease, or are labouring overtime in risky conditions to treat those who have it, or have lost a loved one to it. As selfish as you are being, I hope you don't learn your error the hard way.
    Last edited by malkazoid: 18/04/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add A2M (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.18
Change
0.020(0.28%)
Mkt cap ! $5.190B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.18 $7.23 $7.13 $12.81M 1.785M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 3865 $7.18

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.20 7121 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 07/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$7.18
  Change
0.020 ( 0.20 %)
Open High Low Volume
$7.18 $7.23 $7.13 1306035
Last updated 15.59pm 07/06/2024 ?
A2M (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.