BRN 2.00% 24.5¢ brainchip holdings ltd

2020 BRN Discussion, page-176

1. 4,872 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5649
    New technology needs to be adapted into new products which will require complete redesigns of current technology.

This takes time & for electronics such as telephones, cameras, tv's etc for the consumer it will take at least 6 months to design & produce the new product. Robotics, autonomous vehicles etc will take at least 12 months to develop designs.

Imagine you are Samsung & a new revolutionary technology comes along. You are not going to have products already designed & waiting to incorporate the new technology. Most likely you will design new products taking into consideration the specifications of the new technology.

And if the technology is revolutionary you will not want it mentioned to anybody until you develop the new product design & build the product ready to launch into the market.

If I was Samsung for example & Brainchip showed me a revolutionary product I would most likely want exclusivity & be first to market with products.
    In fact I would not want LG, Sony etc to know about this thus there would have to be a strongly binding NDA in place in order to proceed & possibly an exclusivity period while the new technology is evaluated for incorporation into revolutionary newly designed products.

Brainchip are not developing a product for a ready market as there are no products ready to put it into as they have not even been designed yet.

For Brainchip to proceed to the actual manufacturing of the chip stage indicates there are customers with new products possibly already designed around the new technology wanting samples so they can build prototypes.

It is similar to being given a petrol engine during the horse & cart days. There were no products already designed that you could put the petrol engine in & it took time to develop the car around the petrol engine. The car evolved around the petrol engine - from wood it became metal, got rubber tyres, automatic transmissions, cruise control, disc brakes, ABS etc.

All this takes time, time, time & there are delays as it is new technology. It is also a delicate process with NDA's & the various big players looking to gain market share with an exclusive new product.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
24.5¢
Change
-0.005(2.00%)
Mkt cap ! $454.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
24.5¢ 25.0¢ 24.0¢ $2.351M 9.583M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 212207 24.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
25.0¢ 372207 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
24.5¢
  Change
-0.005 ( 2.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
24.5¢ 25.0¢ 24.0¢ 7464422
Last updated 15.58pm 03/05/2024 ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.