BRN 0.00% 23.0¢ brainchip holdings ltd

2020 BRN Discussion, page-21856

1. 10,120 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 27368
    Hi Cyber, Uiux, Tech, Ham, Jard, Homeales, BarrelSitter, Tulip, Blueant, Dolci

While everyone else is off worrying about pennies I thought you all might like the following noting a couple of observations I have:

1. The narrative is taken from a Western Australian Government Development paper.
    2. In the paper it lists companies that have been the beneficiaries of various grants one of which is call Diag-Nose Medical - I have not been able to find anything about this company. What a great name for an e-Nose device.
    3. It refers in the paper to Noisy Gut Belt as it has been the recipient of a $1,000,000 grant.
    4. This paper led me to a series of Podcasts hosted by Dr. Dan Grant who is connected to the Government Development Group. I have provided a link to a September Podcast with Professor Barry Marshall and Dr.Josephine Muir for Noisy Gut Belt.
    5. In this Podcast Dr. Josephine Muir states that the world wide market for the Noisy Gut Belt is 50 billion dollars.
    6. Professor Marshall states that the potential is that world wide there are 100 million patients who could benefit from the Noisey Gut Belt.
    7. Interestingly Professor Marshall only refers to Adam Osseiran as a friend and not by his name.
    8. When Professor Marshall is asked a question about the use of the Noisy Gut Belt in remote areas he deflects the question by talking about training pharmacy workers - completely refuses in the way he answers to reference operating when unconnected.
    9. When Dr. Josephine Muir starts to talk about the use of Ai for other purposes such as monitoring railways Professor Marshall intervenes and cuts her off and changes the subject.
    10. Dr. Josephine Muir speaks about the frustration as they have been approached by an American company for in effect the consumer fitness market and how Professor Marshall will not entertain lowering the aim of their company and they are pursuing the medical application side with trials and approval for use as a medical device. Professor Marshall also states that once approved they will be 10 to 11 years ahead of the world.
    11. It has been discussed on here and Brainchip has stated that they intend for VOC detection to do exactly what is being referred to by
    Dr.Josephine Muir. You will recall that I have suggest the Lancet will most likely be the place where the article will be published because this was Professor Marshall's choice when he published his findings that led to the Nobel Prize being awarded.

Anyway enough for me will let you fine individuals see what you can do with the above but given how close lipped Professor Marshall is not even being prepared to mention Adam Osseiran by name I suspect like me you will have no luck with Diag-Nose Medical.

"BTB Case Study – Let’s Hear it for Noisy Guts Noisy Guts, an emerging early-stage Western Australian medtech start-up, was awarded $1 million matched funding in Round 1 of MTPConnect’s Biomedical Translation Bridge program to develop a medical device to diagnose gut disorders. Up to one in five Australians will suffer from Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) at some point in their life, and half the population complain of some digestive problem in any 12-month period, so gut health is an issue. These problems can be exacerbated because many patients struggle to explain their experience of gut discomfort. Gastrointestinal disorders are estimated to cost the Australian Government over $6.8 billion each year,4 making them one of the most expensive disease groups for admitted patients in public hospitals. So how do we treat gut problems without resorting to invasive measures that place more strain on the healthcare system? For Nobel Laureate Professor Barry Marshall, the answer lay in termite-sensing technology. “I was visiting someone at another university, and he showed me these little microphones to put on your house to listen for termites, so it was a little tiny Internet of Things-type gadget, and then using artificial intelligence to listen to the termite scratching noises,” Professor Marshall said. “About half of the patients that gastroenterologists see are people who you can’t find anything wrong with them, they get tummy pains from time to time, and it’s also quite common in children. I thought, well why not put microphones on peoples’ abdomens and analyse it with a supercomputer?” The Noisy Guts team found there was a correlation between the gut noise patterns recorded by microphones and particular gastrointestinal disorders. These microphones were integrated into the Noisy Guts ‘acoustic belt’, a wearable sensing device that is user friendly for both patients and clinicians. The belt will enable clinicians to more accurately screen and diagnose gut disorders using AI-driven analysis. The Noisy Guts program, which spun out of the University of Western Australia, brings together clinicians, data scientists and engineers to create an efficient experience for recording and diagnosis, and is a prime example of how digitised solutions can be translated to the medtech industry from other – sometimes surprising – areas of research. “Despite COVID-19, we closed our $1.5 million seed round in April 2020,” Dr Muir said. “Together with the $1 million matching funding from the BTB grant, we’re looking forward to having a regulatory compliant device registered with the TGA by 2021.” Whilst initially focussed on IBS, Noisy Guts is excited about expanding the capabilities of its acoustic belt. The company is currently undertaking a clinical study involving 350-plus patients with Crohn’s, colitis and coeliac disease."

https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/introducing-noisy-guts-australian-nobel-laureates-take/id1453637211?i=1000450301228

My opinion only DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.