BRN 2.38% 20.5¢ brainchip holdings ltd

2020 BRN Discussion, page-22011

1. 3,212 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1634
    https://venturebeat.com/2020/12/15/neuromorphic-computing-the-long-path-from-roots-to-real-life/

Interesting article sponsored by Intel. Apologies if this has already been posted.

Interesting because they have mentioned their major competitors, but have omitted Brainchip.

Also claiming there are no commercial offerings in this Neuromorphic field.

Article is dated 15th December 2020.

I found the timing of the article VERY interesting, because if they had chosen to publish this article 10 days later, it would be a false claim.

''Neuromorphic computing remains deep in the R&D stage. Today, there are virtually no commercial offerings in the field. Still, it’s becoming clear that certain applications are well suited to neuromorphic computing. Neuromorphic processors will be far faster and more power-efficient for these workloads than any modern, conventional alternatives. CPU and GPU computing isn’t disappearing; neuromorphic computing will merely slot in beside them to handle roles better, faster, and more efficiently than anything we’ve seen before.''

The other thing I found interesting is the mentioning of SAMSUNG:

''Many experts believe commercial applications will arrive in earnest within the next three to five years, but that will only be the beginning. This is why, for example, Samsung announced in 2019 that it would expand its neuromorphic processing unit (NPU) division by 10x, growing from 200 employees to 2000 by 2030. Samsung said at the time that it expects the neuromorphic chip market to grow by 52 percent annually through 2023.''

My Question is: If Intel still remains deep in the R&D stage, who is helping Samsung to bring the commercial applications within the next three to five years?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.5¢
Change
-0.005(2.38%)
Mkt cap ! $380.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
21.0¢ 22.0¢ 20.3¢ $1.148M 5.421M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 165683 20.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
21.0¢ 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.