BRN 0.00% 20.0¢ brainchip holdings ltd

This doesn't really address my question about BRNs advantage (or...

1. 56 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    This doesn't really address my question about BRNs advantage (or lack of advantage) in the autonomous driving space (VS Graphcores). I used this example as a lower powered chip isn't required for this application. I should also mention I randomly picked out Graphcore from the list of startup competitors, and that there may be others with overlap through different target markets.

With that said, BRNs lower power chip will be great for NASA, IoT devices etc - but these are places where revenue/deals are still to bear fruit - fingers crossed.

Above and beyond the reasons I've provided about being cautious-dubious on the current MC, we've also to consider the very low barrier to entry for new startups (in financial terms) to introduce competing chips that will also consume little power. This is part of the risk/reward equation and should be a factor of the valuation (just as it would have been for LDA). The article I've linked to previously makes mention of this.

For your response about my assessment on the valuation given by LDA Capital, it's not really something that is up for debate. What I mean when I say this is that LDA Capital were only willing to invest at a 15 cent share price. This tells you that BRN were only able to obtain capital at that low price per share and that VCs valued BRN at a sub-300mil valuation. You've not responded with anything that can address the risks when the public are evaluating the stock's value at 3x this amount or more.

It's not comparing apples with oranges here either. A VC making investments in AI invest internationally and value companies based on their risk VS reward ratio. BRN, without having yet grown to maturity with regards revenues/relationships appears to be earlier on its path and was valued by LDA Capital accordingly (at 15 cents/share).

I hope that BRN prevails as the supreme leader of the chip market as much as you do, but, many posters/ investors dont' appear to have a grasp of the competitive landscape/ threats, and if the stock becomes any more overhyped and people can't look at things under a more realistic lense, the SP can and likely will come crashing down.
    Last edited by marcuzlay: 26/01/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $371.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
19.5¢ 20.5¢ 19.5¢ $656.1K 3.281M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
16 364081 20.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.5¢ 1348618 18
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.