BRN 0.00% 20.0¢ brainchip holdings ltd

2020 BRN Discussion, page-27194

1. 9,786 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 25775
    Back in 2019 perhaps earlier the idea that Brainchip was working with Tachyum on its universal processor for data centres was floated. There were a number of reasons put forward including the fact that there was a bit of mutual admiration going on on Twitter etc; with likes and that both were using JPL for marketing and that Tachyum's universal processor was doing SNN. The other link was a sort of connection between the progress being reported by both companies in advancing their respective technologies 2019 to 2020 and it continues into 2021 with the timelines for mass production.

I kept an eye on Tachyum into 2020 and without advancing beyond these sort of links however this morning in searching for any new papers involving SCNN a news item came up about Tachyum implementing a newsletter from April, 2021 to keep interested parties updated as to Prodigy its universal processor that is slated for mass production second half 2021. I have extracted the following paragraphs from this news item:

"Tachyum's newsletter will summarize key events within the company and provide information that may not be available from other sources. This ensures that interested parties will not only have a single repository for all things Tachyum but will also have access to the latest information concerning the status of the world’s first universal processor and its impact across a broad spectrum of industries.

Tachyum's Prodigy can run HPC applications, convolutional AI, explainable AI, general AI, bio AI, and spiking neural networks, plus normal data center workloads, on a single homogeneous processor platform, using existing and standard programming models
    . Without Prodigy, data center customers must use a combination of CPUs, GPUs, TPUs and other accelerators for these different workloads, creating inefficiency, expense, and the complexity of maintaining separate hardware infrastructures. Using specific hardware dedicated to each type of workload (e.g. data center, AI, HPC) results in the significant underutilization of hardware resources, and more challenging programming, support, and maintenance environments. Prodigy’s ability to seamlessly switch among these various workloads dramatically changes the competitive landscape and drastically improves data center economics."

I have highlighted the parts which jumped out at me remembering that Brainchip has successfully achieved the seamless switching between CNN, CNN & SNN and SNN and has had a patent approved covering this seamless technique which has been discussed at length here only recently.

Certainly it is difficult to imagine that there is a more power efficient and simple to use implementation of this process than Brainchip's given that it operates on a 28nm chip and according to the CEO is due to its construction in digital form capable of being directly scaled down to 14nm, 7nm etc;

Anyway this is not absolutely conclusive but certainly to my mind adds further weight to the idea that Brainchip and Tachyum may have a relationship. Certainly if this is the case as Tachyum's Prodigy is a complete replacement for the existing data centre technology and AKIDA is the only advanced Ai processor on the market for complete edge solutions the idea that an entirely new computing paradigm is about to be launched on the world certainly makes the anticipation of holding shares in this company all the more exciting.

Fingers crossed that this speculation turns into fact.

My opinion only DYOR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $371.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
19.5¢ 20.5¢ 19.5¢ $656.1K 3.281M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
16 364081 20.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.5¢ 1348618 18
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.