BRN 2.86% 18.0¢ brainchip holdings ltd

The first thing to say is that when the present CEO came on...

1. 9,904 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 26434
    The first thing to say is that when the present CEO came on board one of the first things he did was increase the spend on Patent Attorneys and moved Brainchip to two new firms of US Patent Attorneys.

The second thing of note is that Socionext, Renesas, Ford and Valeo all have reputations for protecting the intellectual property they use and litigating breaches to the death. They do not roll over.

Beyond this Brainchip is just like any other company in the world and if someone wants to try and steal their IP they will try.

However leaving China aside why would you take the risk of being dragged through the courts when you can just come to Brainchip and buy the chip for US $15.00. Where is the economic benefit.

Again Brainchip by making the AKD1000 so cheap they have taken away the economic incentive.

Think about it this way. You have a lemon tree covered in lemons in your backyard. People are walking down the side stealing your lemons. You put up gates and fences but still people keep getting in and stealing the lemons from the tree.

Your mate down the street also has a lemon tree and you tell him about what is happening. He says I have never had a problem I just pick up the lemons that fall off the tree that I cannot use and put them in a box at the front gate with a sign saying free. Never have a problem.

This is the effect that a US$15.00 a chip will have.

My opinion only.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
18.0¢
Change
0.005(2.86%)
Mkt cap ! $352.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
17.5¢ 18.8¢ 17.3¢ $1.541M 8.638M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
22 1389722 17.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
18.5¢ 471848 11
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.