BRN 2.33% 21.0¢ brainchip holdings ltd

Hey Barrel, I had a similar chat with John Howard in the late...

1. 577 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 440
    Hey Barrel, I had a similar chat with John Howard in the late 90’s, and he had the same attitude towards the Oz economy.
    He believed Australia didn’t need shoe / clothing et al manufacturing, but rather highly elaborate manufacturing and a concentration on our services sector.
    His reasoning was - we could do this better than low cost economies. At this time I had been making ‘n marketing a pretty sophisticated bit of kit into East Asian countries including China for the best part of a decade, and could see that they weren’t simply making low value stuff. They were also rapidly building a strong services sector.
    I recall him derisively snorting when I suggested why not make the best shoes and clothing, especially from our abundance of leather and wool?
    I for one believe our state and federal governments should be ‘picking winners’ and helping promising start-ups like our battler, when it was struggling a couple of years ago.
    The BHP briquette saga aside, I also believe we should be doing a lot more value adding, rather than simply digging stuff up.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
21.0¢
Change
-0.005(2.33%)
Mkt cap ! $389.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
21.0¢ 21.5¢ 20.8¢ $610.1K 2.904M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 593140 21.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
21.5¢ 560405 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.