BRN 2.33% 21.0¢ brainchip holdings ltd

The world of economics will always suggest that a company should...

1. 740 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2317
    The world of economics will always suggest that a company should outsource a service or technology that will certainly change quickly overtime.
    That's why big corporation outsource their IT service/equipment or accountant service etc..
    Big semiconductor companies (Intel, Samsung, NVIDIA, Qualcomm etc..) may have spend tens of billions developing their edge AI chips in the last 5-10 years but sustaining R&D in this area will means many more billions year after year. That's why economics will suggest that they will save many billions by just outsourcing the edge AI core for their chips especially if their is definitely a viable and advanced platform like Brainchip's IP.
    I don't think these big semiconductors envisage that this technology could be outsourced when they embark on their own R&D years ago. Brainchip has changed the game and big semiconductor companies are too "proud" to recognize it yet. It's a bit like making a car...different parts are gradually made by different companies...why?...outsourcing is more economical!
    I would say ARM is sitting in the "astute" chair. They don't need to waste billions in R&D in edge AI when they have companies like Brainchip...that's smart economics! The other semiconductor companies will soon realize this once the edge AI space becomes more developed, their R&D may be lagging behind their competitors and they are pumping more billions into this R&D space.
    Just my "optimistic" opinion so please DYOR wink.png

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
21.0¢
Change
-0.005(2.33%)
Mkt cap ! $389.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
21.0¢ 21.5¢ 20.8¢ $610.1K 2.904M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 593140 21.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
21.5¢ 560405 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.