BRN 4.35% 22.0¢ brainchip holdings ltd

2020 BRN Discussion, page-296

1. 3,795 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1980
    The AI industry is really starting to heat up now. We're seeing a lot of acquisitions happening across the sector. Sometimes a get a little over excited about being a BrainChip shareholder.

Imagine being one of the first people to buy into an idea like Apple or the Internet. I'm not saying that BrainChip will be as big as either of those but the concept of a chip that can learn and think like a human brain is amazing.

When BrainChip announced their focus on "Edge AI" I was a little sceptical but it's actually quite a brilliant decision. An edge device such as a smart phone or smart watch that can process and learn on device rather than in a data center ensures data privacy which has been in the headlines of late.

The ability to make traditional processors faster and cheaper known as Moore's Law is coming to an end. Data centers forming clusters of fast computers working in parallel to compute large datasets has kept the law alive that little bit longer. If you can't add more transistors you add more nodes. Rather than scaling vertically, you scale horizontally which works however network traversal causes latency and massive power consumption. Neuromorphic computing is the next evolutionary step.

Apple has made 20 AI acquisitions in the past 10 years. The most recent being Xnor.ai which makes use of GPU architecture to perform AI tasks on device. According to reports, Microsoft and Amazon both made offers to the company. That's three trillion dollars companies trying to get an advantage for Edge AI. If Akida can truly accomplish everything that we believe it can then in my opinion the next 12 months for this company and its shareholders will be very exciting indeed.

Reference:
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.geekwire.com/2020/privacy-better-battery-life-ai-everywhere-apples-xnor-ai-deal-says-ambitions/amp/

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
22.0¢
Change
-0.010(4.35%)
Mkt cap ! $408.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
23.5¢ 23.5¢ 22.0¢ $1.892M 8.387M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
24 473422 22.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
22.5¢ 62936 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
22.3¢
  Change
-0.010 ( 5.12 %)
Open High Low Volume
23.0¢ 23.5¢ 22.0¢ 6208956
Last updated 15.59pm 06/06/2024 ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.