BCN 0.00% 2.2¢ beacon minerals limited

I've been watching Echo and almost bought in when I bought into...

1. 1,937 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 416
    I've been watching Echo and almost bought in when I bought into this. Once more resources are confirmed, we might be a takeover target. I'm always watching what NST are up to as well. Sold out of those at about $5.20 (am now regretting it lol).

Full text: Northern Star sounds out Echo takeoverBill Beament, managing director of Northern Star Resources. Picture: BloombergBRIDGET CARTERMERGERS & ACQUISITIONS EDITOR@BridgetCarterb12:00AM AUGUST 23, 2019NO COMMENTS Activity is heating up in WA’s mid-tier gold sector with Bill Beament’s Northern Star Resources said to be on the verge of making a bid for Echo Resources and China’s Zhaojin International Mining believed to be running an eye over Westgold Resources.The gold price is still holding above $2200 an ounce in Aussie dollar terms, but Australian listed gold stocks have fallen off sharply through this year’s earnings season, with the All Ordinaries Gold Index off 12.4 per cent since hitting an all-time peak early this month.And even though most analysts are still cautious on the market valuation of ASX-listed gold stocks, global uncertainty seems a fair bet to affect the gold price for some time to come — leading to a trade-off between a fear of buying at the top of the market, and a fear of missing out.After replacing its chairman with former Altona Mining boss Alistair Cowden, no stranger to selling companies, Echo called a trading halt on Tuesday, and suspended trading yesterday, ahead of a change-of-control transaction.Canada’s Superior Gold has also been talked of as a potential buyer, but Northern Star already has a 22 per cent stake in Echo, which has a 1.8 million-ounce resource just down the road from the Australian major’s Jundee operations. Northern Star also holds 19 per cent of Superior Gold, having sold the Canadian company the Plutonic mine a few years ago.Although Northern Star has been saying it wants to digest its acquisition of the Pogo mine in Alaska before making further moves on the market, its timetable may well have been changed by the entry of Zhaojin into the market.Zhaojin, with a $1 billion war chest, has been kicking quite a few tyres since announcing a due-diligence joint venture deal with Liam Twigger’s PCF Capital a fortnight ago.The company is said to have been running its eyes over the Peter Cook-led Westgold Resources, worth $731 million, to buy a stake or the business as a whole.Just saw this in the NST thread.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BCN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.