GNC 0.00% $8.87 graincorp limited

2021-22 Harvest Updates, page-11

1. 10,485 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1388
    I purchased in July 2020 at $3.74 as only then did I have the funds to do so, but like many have traded in and out a small number of times since then with good results. In July, I thought it was undervalued and east coast Oz was due for a good season.

While the sowing window is by no means over, I am a bit worried by the lack of forecast rain in Victoria, but from the BOM's site one only has visibility for a week, a small period. Climatic conditions in NSW seem better at this early stage. I am only an urban dweller but soils in Victoria are typically 'lighter' than say the black soil country in NSW so if I'm not mistaken, rain requirements in Victoria can differ.

GNC will continue to benefit from the great winter 2021 harvest with significant export volumes. It handles a lot more than just its own receivals, something I have to get through my thick skull.

'Mr Market' seems to like GNC's slowly developing 'stories' in areas like seaweed, but let's not kid ourselves - in all areas like this involving R & D there will be commercial failures as well as the occasional success. Nonetheless the ASX seems to at least in a minor way be re-rating GNC.

I prefer capital growth to dividends but the latter to be announced in the next few weeks may be very good. A slightly lower A$ and pesky Russian export tax on grain (that nation is our biggest competitor) may be helping a bit, as noted above.

The stock has risen significantly.in recent weeks so bear that in mind.

Read input from posters such as NBC and AaronS76 to gain much more insight than I can proffer.

If you like others' comments, you can click the 'like button' and up to three times a day the 'great analysis' button': this gives us all feedback.

I am not qualified to give advice but perhaps buy on weakness, if there is any.

As always, DYOR.

Last edited by Hopeful9: 02/04/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GNC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$8.87
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $1.989B
Open High Low Value Volume
$8.90 $8.96 $8.84 $5.037M 566.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 6116 $8.86

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$8.90 1891 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GNC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.