LKE 8.11% 4.0¢ lake resources n.l.

2021 and beyond, page-2986

1. 14,073 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4062
    "World’s cleanest lithium."...really?
    If he was referring to direct lithium extraction to extract lithium, then he would be correct to say that. If speaking about Lake's project specifically, then I'd argue that Vulcan would be cleaner based on their use of geothermal energy. Either way, Lake will be using a technology that does produce the cleanest lithium. I'm not concerned about the use of adjectives or finer details of how his presentation is worded. I'm more interested in the fundamentals of a project set to deliver a much cleaner source of lithium than hard rock mining and doesn't rely on evaporating off vast amounts of water to extract the lithium.
    One big advantage that Lake has over Vulcan is the lower capital and higher ROI. To get their zero carbon lithium, Vulcan needs to spend a lot more on upfront capital to generate the geothermal power. That part of the project has a very high capital cost and has a much lower return on investment. That drags the company's overall ROI down significantly and increases the capital expense per tonne of LCE production. They will need more debt and possibly more dilution of stock to produce each tonne of LCE compared to Lake. So the zero carbon tag comes at a big cost. It also gives Lake more leverage to lithium price increases compared to Vulcan because Vulcan is not a pure play on lithium with its big exposure to electricity generation. For those reasons, from current levels, I expect LKE to outperform.It is my preferred and only lithium stock.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LKE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.0¢
Change
0.003(8.11%)
Mkt cap ! $66.74M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.6¢ 4.0¢ 3.6¢ $292.6K 7.536M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 271030 3.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.0¢ 2444859 14
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LKE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.