LKE 0.00% 3.8¢ lake resources n.l.

Looking at solid state lithium ion batteries, they apparently...

1. 267 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 182
    Looking at solid state lithium ion batteries, they apparently have double the energy density of conventional lithium ion batteries, 15 minute charge time to 80% and extra long range. i found an article that said these are NMC (see below) and that made my ears prick up:

1. LKE announcment 2nd March 2021 talks about novonix testing our lithium in NMC622 batteries .
    2. novonix ties with tesla (Jeff Kuhn)
    3. lakes pure lithium 99.97% lithium carbonate place in batteries and initial results shown to be very promising.

i wonder if there is a tier 1 battery maker and or car maker wanting the purist lithium carbonate for solid state batteries ...wonder if this is tesla?

anyone know more about solid state battery chemistry and the effect of very pure lithium ?...i think the solid state batteries are the key to the puzzle of the tier 1 mystery .....just guessing here?????

SOLID STATE BATTERIES
    QuantumScape’s battery cell is about the size and thickness of a playing card. Its cathode, or positive terminal, is made of nickel manganese cobalt oxide, or NMC, a common chemistry in EV batteries today. Its negative electrode, or anode, is made from pure lithium metal—but it's more accurate to say that it doesn’t have an anode at all, since it’s manufactured without one. When the battery discharges during use, all of the lithium flows from the anode to the cathode. The vacancy left on the anode side—thinner than a human hair—is temporarily compressed like an accordion. The process reverses when the battery is charged, and the lithium ions flood into the anode space again.“This anode-free design is important because it’s probably the only way that lithium-metal batteries can be manufactured today with current manufacturing facilities,” says Venkat Viswanathan, a mechanical engineer working on lithium-metal batteries at Carnegie Mellon University and a technical adviser to QuantumScape. “Anode-free has been a big challenge for the community.”But the key to QuantumScape’s solid-state breakthrough is the flexible ceramic separator that sits between the cathode and the anode. This is the material that puts the “solid” in solid-state. Like the liquid electrolyte that sits between the electrodes in a conventional cell, its main function is to ferry lithium ions from one terminal to the other when the battery charges and discharges. The difference is that the solid separator also acts as a barrier that keeps lithium dendrites—metallic tendrils that form on lithium metal anodes during charge cycles—from snaking between the electrodes and causing a short circuit.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LKE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.8¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $63.40M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.0¢ 4.0¢ 3.8¢ $50.76K 1.305M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
31 2445577 3.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.9¢ 703674 13
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.35am 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LKE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.