BRN 1.79% 28.5¢ brainchip holdings ltd

WOW, just WOWGeof: So Dennis, you talked about data centers and...

1. 61 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 24
    WOW, just WOW

Geof: So Dennis, you talked about data centers and the tremendous energy efficiencies that can be achieved there, and you alluded to a couple of possible other examples. And I’m wondering if we could talk about more broadly, examples of companies using AI to become more energy efficient?

Dennis: This is this is an area find a really exciting, there’s, you know, AI and machine learning, we’re seeing it go almost everywhere, in terms of the devices that they use arm technology. And so with each one of those, as I said, you could, you can imagine almost anything that consumes electricity, being able to be made more efficient using AI. So if we look at this as kind of like a few good examples of drawing from the consumer industry. In the first case, if you look at refrigerators, we’ve got a partner in Turkey called Arcelik and they’re one of the major appliance manufacturers in Turkey, and they’ve done some really interesting experiments. So according to their analysis, refrigerators are the second largest consumer of electricity in the home, accounting for on average, globally around 13% of the total energy consumed in the home. And what they did was they retrofitted a some refrigerators with some really small reinforcement learning algorithms that were running on a very small device, I mean, something quite small in terms of processing capability. And just using that machine learning, they were paying attention to the behavior of the environment that the refrigerator was working in and learning how the family or the environment would behave. And using that to make optimizations in terms of when the power of the pump would turn on and off, and how it was using power. And just using that they were able to reduce the power consumption of the refrigerators by about 10%. And this was existing refrigerators. Which if you extrapolate that globally, it’s wow, that’s it’s a huge number. So I think the calculation they came to from that was, if you were to just extrapolate that and use that widely across Europe alone, you’d be able to shut down something like nine power plants which is just incredible.So you can imagine the impact of that going globally. And that’s just looking at refrigerators. So apply that to all the other devices in your home. If we then switch over to the industrial side of things, the industrial industry is really important to us. But it also consumes a lot of power. So pumps are a good example, that I think is reasonably central to what I consider to be power, power consumption. Pumps are responsible for something like 10% of the world’s electricity usage. And there’s an estimate going around that 90% of those are inefficient and that they can somehow be improved in one way or another most often by some form of AI. Either being aware of the environment and using them more efficiently for that application, or you know it through to being able to do already predictive maintenance based on vibrations and AI analysis. Grundfos, they believe that if we were to use AI techniques, just locally applied, it’s very difficult to do AI for on all industrial pumps over a remote connection. But if you were to do those locally, they estimate that you could reduce the power something like 15 to 20%. Which is just incredible. And if you were to extrapolate that globally, I think it turns into something like a 2% Global savings, which is just astronomical. Just again, looking at that, that reasonably narrow application space. And again, you can apply it to almost any type of industrial application that consumes power. And then you know, more widely it, like I said, affects everything transport logistics, being able to save fuel data centers, 5G networks. Yeah, it’s almost anything is said the consumers power has the potential to get more efficient.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
28.5¢
Change
0.005(1.79%)
Mkt cap ! $528.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
28.5¢ 29.5¢ 28.0¢ $2.076M 7.222M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
30 1147479 28.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
28.5¢ 209288 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
28.5¢
  Change
0.005 ( 2.41 %)
Open High Low Volume
28.5¢ 29.5¢ 28.0¢ 4182623
Last updated 15.59pm 08/05/2024 ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.