BRN 2.38% 20.5¢ brainchip holdings ltd

2021 BRN Discussion, page-15448

1. 9,838 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 26036
    Another poster asked us to think about the number of shares on issue. This is something I have given a great deal of thought to and I am of the opinion that there is absolutely nothing wrong with having a large and diverse share holder base.

The following article refers to one of the problems that arises from having a small number of shareholders:

https://hbr.org/amp/2019/02/how-big-a-problem-is-it-that-a-few-shareholders-own-stock-in-so-many-competing-companies

The larger the base of retail shareholders of a company the less likely it is that this form of cartel behaviour can be practised.

In 12th century England the feudal system prevailed and the common person had no rights and no education. The Crown owned everything and bestowed privileges which could be removed on a whim. The Crown was supported by a ruling class called th Nobles.

By the 17th century personal property rights were starting to be recognised in England as a development of the common law.

In the 19th century education started to be more widely shared and ordinary people started to get a say in how things happened but the ruling classes still very much controlled the means of production and wealth.

The 20th century saw this structure breaking down with universal education and a full right to vote and participate in the political system.

The rise of the internet has allowed widespread ownership of knowledge and so called ordinary people have acquired the ability to fully participate in the economy by owning shares.

The share market has been democratised and so called ordinary people who were once serfs under the feudal system can use their education and rights to own property and their access to knowledge via the internet to own shares and become wealthy.

The whole concept of a company having a problem because of having a large number of shares on issue and a large number of retail shareholders in this day of instant electronic communications is a fiction perpetuated by institutions and those who control them. They fear that they like the Crown and the Nobles in the 12th century are loosing control over what they consider their birth right.

The Reddit action in the US has proven that ordinary retail are aware the change that has taken place and that they are not going back to digging in the fields for a not so warm place to sleep and scraps from the masters table.

Brainchip is heralding the 4th industrial revolution and the democratisation of wealth.

My opinion only DYOR
    FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.5¢
Change
-0.005(2.38%)
Mkt cap ! $380.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
21.0¢ 22.0¢ 20.3¢ $1.148M 5.421M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 165683 20.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
21.0¢ 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.