BRN 9.30% 19.5¢ brainchip holdings ltd

2021 BRN Discussion, page-15772

1. 9,935 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 26548
    Great post Big.

What captured my interest with Brainchip back in 2016/17 was when I read their claim to function without producing heat and as a result did not require any external heat dissipation technology such as fans or air conditioning.

I am not a techie but my first point of frustration with computing was caused by an intermittent fault in the fan that would allow the hard drive to over heat.

Then when I was at the busiest in my professional life having an issue with the strata over the cut off times for the buildings air conditioning and needing to keep my server cool.

Then having my techie son in law leaving our family Christmas gathering because he had an alert that the air conditioning in their server room was recording a fault.

The issues around heat generation are seldom spoken about but the costs of keeping servers at correct operating temperature are running out of control.

It is worth educating yourself if you have not read about this side of the technology equation.

The issue with electric vehicles has been range. The more compute you put in an EV the more heat you generate and the more cooling you require thus using up more battery and in consequence reducing range.

So called competitors of Brainchip tell us what power their processors use but always fail to mention what power is being drawn by the cooling source.

Brainchip has never advertised for an employee with experience in cooling technology because heat is not an issue.

Recently one of the tech giants that is building a super computer proposed to build it in either Iceland or Greenland to save on cooling costs.

My opinion only DYOR
    FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
19.5¢
Change
-0.020(9.30%)
Mkt cap ! $382.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
21.5¢ 22.0¢ 19.5¢ $3.501M 17.34M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
13 601346 19.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.0¢ 272894 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 23/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.