BRN 6.25% 26.3¢ brainchip holdings ltd

2021 BRN Discussion, page-19435

1. 63 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 64
    I just finished watching Joe Rogans latest podcast in which he has Lex Fridman on as his guest.Lex Fridman is a computer scientist and AI researcher at MIT with a huge online following. His topics of research include artificial intelligence, autonomous vehicles, human-robot interaction and machine learning at The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). He also works very closely with Boston Dynamics. Some of you may find the first 10 minutes of this podcast of interest. Sadly there was no further discussions about AI for the remainder of the podcast. Why I bring this to your attention is for the following passage I have transcribed.

Lex Fridman: They have autonomy day in a few days..Tesla does..and they’ve been doing a lot of interesting stuff like semi-autonomous/autonomous driving side. So one of the crazy things they’re doing that I never thought would be possible is to use vision only for their FSD…for their autopilot…meaning cameras only. Talk about about breaking with the ways of the past. So in the past you always have radar or more “reliable sensors” for emergency situations ..for emergency breaking. So here Tesla is using only cameras..only vision. The logic there is roads are designed for human eyes therefor you should only be able to drive with visual information, the problem is with rain, fog and all those conditions with night, how are you going to be able to do it?The fact that they're doing so…much more successful than I would expect is quite incredible.

To have someone like Lex Fridman speaking in a manner in which his mind has been blown gives so much credibility to what Peter and Brainchip have achieved in their own space. P.S I am in no way linking Brainchip to Tesla. I just find it extremely comforting hearing his praise on the subject.You can find the podcast on Spotify - The Joe Rogan Experience #1696 - Lex Fridman.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.