BRN 2.44% 20.0¢ brainchip holdings ltd

I just had an interesting intellectual experience. After reading...

1. 9,859 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 26239
    I just had an interesting intellectual experience.

After reading the Pitt Street Research report which values Brainchip at $1.50 fully diluted I thought I would look up the definition of “Opinion”.

To my surprise thanks to the internet we now have created a situation where everyone has an opinion on what the word “opinion” means and thus it has basically lost its meaning.

A very successful business woman I knew used to say she was not interested in opinions because they were like bums everyone has one.

In Courts everyday justice is dispensed often based on opinion evidence however in our courts thankfully there are rules which must be complied with before an opinion can be given by a witness and relied upon by a Court.

These rules have been developed since 1066 when the Common Law system started to developed.

Loosely speaking before a Court will allow an opinion to be given it will require evidence that the witness has by education, training and or experience acquired sufficient knowledge and skill to express an opinion on a fact in issue.

Most certainly Courts will never entertain anonymous opinions of persons whose intentions are unknown.

Once a Court decides the person is capable of expressing the opinion the Court then requires the expert concerned to validate their opinion by “showing the workings” which led to their opinion and in doing so fully disclosing all the material and information they had access too, to reach their opinion.

So I come to the opinions expressed here on Hot Copper by myself and everyone else. It is clear that applying close to 1000 years of judicial experience and legislative intervention our opinions have absolutely no value whatsoever and should be completely dismissed as of any value and should in no way be allowed to influence our decisions.

Then turning to what if any opinion we should have regard to well relying upon the rules used by Courts we need to look at the education, training and experience of the person or persons expressing the opinion and we should require them to show us all the material they have accessed to reach the opinion they have expressed.

Then if they pass all these tests just like a Court we can test for bias by reviewing the material and facts they have relied upon to see if their opinion flows logically from that material.

So in my opinion you should ignore my opinion and only take notice of those opinions which you can fully test.

The opinions expressed in the Pitt Street Research report can be fully tested so to that extent they deserve proper consideration.

Whether you accept or reject the opinions expressed is entirely up to you.

My opinion only DYOR
    FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.0¢
Change
-0.005(2.44%)
Mkt cap ! $371.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
20.5¢ 20.5¢ 19.5¢ $843.2K 4.220M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 71948 20.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.5¢ 644737 16
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.