BRN 3.66% 19.8¢ brainchip holdings ltd

Hi Paddle, The following is my understanding of Akida's...

1. 6,614 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2189
    Hi Paddle,

The following is my understanding of Akida's capabilities in relation to autonomous driving/driver assistance and is not to be taken as gospel.

Akida's strength is in characterising sensor inputs. In autonomous driving and driver assistance (AD/DA), one of Akida's main functions will be in object recognition and relative motion detection. This information is, at present, passed to the vechile's AD/DA CPU which is programmed to control the vehicle in response to the information received from Akida (in a system which uses Akida).

At this stage, Akida generally does not produce control commands. In that sense, Akida is similar to the human sensory nervous system, and it does not include an equivalent of the human motor nervous system.

The motor nervous system has an automatic reflex response, such as when you put your hand on a hot stove, and, for want of a better term, an analytical response where the CPU analyses the sensor inputs characterized by Akida and implements a software determined response. .

Akida could, in theory, be designed/configured to implement the reflex reaction (emergency braking, acceleration, steering) when specific sensor inputs are detected, but as presently designed, Akida can not implement an analytical nervous system response.

Even implementing a reflex response would require massive research and testing, which, in my opinion, the company is not yet equipped to undertake.

However, in the not very distant future, ...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.