BRN 2.33% 21.0¢ brainchip holdings ltd

Your post is a very relevant point of discussion, well at least...

1. 91 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 179
    Your post is a very relevant point of discussion, well at least to me personally.

My worry about these advancements and their interpretations of every individual homasapien is Facial Recognition.

In short, when I was in my late teens, I had a head on collision with a logging truck in Tasmania, whilst about midway through my travels around Australia. Airbags were not mandatory then and Steering Wheels were a serious tool of destruction against onces face in this type off collision.

As a result, every bone in my face was broken, however, I made it to the hospital alive after several subsequently successful attempts to bring me back to life and be stabilised.

Luckily a brilliant man/ surgeon by the name of Mr David David founded Cranio Maxillo Facial Reconstruction association here in Australia, Adelaide., only two years prior to my collision. "Luckily for me and many many others subsequent to me, I suggest.

https://www.ddms.com.au/

Don't exactly quote me on the date as above but the founding surgeons name is absolutely correct. It was explained to me later that he was consulted for assistance to plan to rebuild my face by Tasmania's brilliant Plastic Surgeons at the Royal Hobart Hospital, for whom I owe my life, amongst a few names only. I have never met Mr David, but appreciate his work.

The 1st surgery consisted of wiring my top and bottom mandible to stabilise my lower jaw. The second surgery was performed over many many hours, where I had 11 metal plates and 47 screws inserted in my face plus bone grafts from my scull to rebuild my complete nasal structure and the 360 degree orbital walls of both eye sockets. The result is very good in considerations, absolutely, I have perfect sight in one eye, but live with diplopia as a result of the damage to the other.

However, the issue that is relevant here is in the varying perspectives of my overall facial asymmetry, most pick something up, that is structurally very different about my face and the initial/ ongoing judgement can sometimes be negative IMO.

That's ok, I'm used to it and require absolutely no sympathy. However f
    or me Facial recognition is a scary thought and may be for many who have suffered disfiguring accidents. Tech experts in this space need to consider the ramifications to many by unleashing this technology.

Perhaps experts in this space such as Mr David should be consulted in my opinion relative to software design before this technology becomes a serious impediment on the lives of some.

IMO
    DYOR
    Good luck to ALL Holders.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
21.0¢
Change
-0.005(2.33%)
Mkt cap ! $389.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
21.0¢ 21.5¢ 20.8¢ $610.1K 2.904M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 593140 21.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
21.5¢ 560405 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.