BRN 2.50% 19.5¢ brainchip holdings ltd

2021 BRN Discussion, page-2527

1. 2,837 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1314
    Hey FactFinder, I definitely voted against him getting the extra shares, to pay his tax bill.
    If the shares were in the Company trust, to avert insider trading and sold to cover his tax bill, I also disagree with that.

I don't see how a Company can sell shares from a trust it establishes to avoid that, although I understand there would be exceptions, paying someones tax bill, wouldn't be one of them in my opinion.

In the Company response to the shareholder uproar at the time of the dumping, they explained that the tax requirements "effectively triggered" the sale of the Shares to cover the bill.

Effectively definition-
    Actually but not officially or explicitly.
    "they were effectively controlled by the people they were supposed to be investigating"

The issue of the shares to sell, to cover his tax bill, was just an extra gift.

I never agreed with the proposed very large share gifting to employees at the time, when Brainchip was still on unsure footing and much of this was scaled back or removed, due to shareholder disapproval, through voting.

The simple answer concerning insider trading, is to ask if there is a blackout in place in my opinion.

Not trying to rub you up the wrong way, just my opinions.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
19.5¢
Change
-0.005(2.50%)
Mkt cap ! $361.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
20.0¢ 20.5¢ 19.5¢ $878.2K 4.371M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
64 1444914 19.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.0¢ 388739 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.