BRN 0.00% 19.5¢ brainchip holdings ltd

2021 BRN Discussion, page-26356

1. 316 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 133
    "BETA vs. VHS comes to mind. BETA was by far the better system with better picture quality and smaller cassettes."

I always find it interesting when people use the Beta to VHS comparison. To me, it invokes the thought that even the best technology fails to a weaker technology, however, I think there is more to digest there.

However, there was a lot going on behind the scenes that put Betamax at a disadvantage. VHS tapes had more storage capacity and were less expensive, JVC was also happy to share its VHS format with the industry, while Sony ended up doing this much later. Additionally, JVC made strategic partnerships with the movie industry to release their movies in VHS format.

I think for several reasons, mainly being due to business decisions, the better technology lost once VHS reached critical mass and Sony was too late to save their creation in the technology wars.

I tend to think that Sony would have ended up winning as the dominant technology over VHS if they made all the same business decisions that JVC did.

If we parallel those decisions to Brainchip, they have created a low cost, low power processor, they have licensed their IP to other companies out of the gate and they are seeking out a market that can be very pervasive for them should they sell it well and gain widespread adoption.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.