BRN 0.00% 20.0¢ brainchip holdings ltd

2021 BRN Discussion, page-28058

1. 9,788 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 25793
    If you have not been to the Brainchip website recently and clicked on the word "Technology' in the bar on the home page when you get a chance it is worth taking a look and even more worthwhile to read it properly. I have extracted just one part of this summary of the AKIDA technology description dealing with the AKIDA power advantage:

" ULTRA LOW POWER CONSUMPTION

The Akida neural processor analyzes data such as images, sounds, data patterns, and other sensor data and extracts useful information generated from events in the data. Events tend to be sparse, and as in the human brain, this sparsity contributes to significant power savings by eliminating wasted effort executing computations on data with no value.

In combination with state-of-the-art circuit architecture and implementation, the Akida neural processor reduces power consumption by up to 10x over the most power-efficient alternatives on the market and up to 1,000x compared with standard data center architectures. For AI applications at the Edge, where information is created, power budgets can be limited to microwatts or milliwatts"

I have emboldened the part which really is significant.

Some will recall that the four month delay in sending AKD1000 to TSMC was as a result of customer requests to add additional blocks and in the process Brainchip has made some changes further improving the already impressive low power consumption achieved with the AKD1000 engineering sample.

I stated a number of times that I was very keen to see what the new power consumption was going to be and here on the web site Brainchip is stating that the Akida Neural processor reduces power consumption by up to a 10x the most power-efficient alternatives on the market.

This an astonishing claim because it is a comparison with what is purporting to be the current state of the art competitor. Up to TEN times less power than the most power efficient alternatives.

Add to this what Rob Telson said recently that they were approached by a customer who had been offered a solution by a competitor that required three of the competitors chips and fans for cooling when a single AKD1000 chip without cooling was more than sufficient.

Science fiction or reality could easily be one reaction but we know it is real.

My opinion only DYOR
    FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $371.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
19.5¢ 20.5¢ 19.5¢ $656.1K 3.281M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
16 364081 20.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.5¢ 1348618 18
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.