BRN 0.00% 21.5¢ brainchip holdings ltd

JD, I am set up and trade similar to you and agree with...

1. 134 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 92
    JD, I am set up and trade similar to you and agree with everything you say in your post.

And to "bobbygant" I say charitably, that the OTC does not make it easy to trade Brainchip in the USA, at least symbol: BRCHF. Whether you're a person trying to trade a few hundred or thousand shares or someone a level of sophistication higher, say, like,...Alex the rocket scientist, .....the OTC is clunky at best with faulty plumbing at worst. Alex left BRCHF the stock for a reason. I don't know what his reason was for positive. I think it was the OTC marketplace that BRCHF was on as opposed to the company Brainchip itself. Regardless, he left nonetheless, and again, not because he didn't like the company Brainchip. Can you say, "canary in the coal mine"? Perhaps, someday soon Alex will re-enter Brainchip in the form of an ADR or two in the future. Who knows?

I have been agitated and consternating for months now about the trades on the OTCQX and specifically about that pesky $50 foreign transaction fee for trading BRCHF. In this day and age such charges are outrageous. And they get you coming and going, like a tollway. The reason JDelekto and I enter positions with large volumes is precisely because of it. I assume without it we would both be buying more regularly (and maybe selling too), but perhaps in more smaller volume transactions. It is desired to accumulate large positions through dollar cost averaging, as opposed to buying large amounts at one time just to avoid a transaction fee???

I have been bothered by my participation in the awkward system that is the OTC since first becoming a USA investor in Brainchip. People treat money in funny ways. Different ways, too. I see myself coming at it from a more frugal perspective most of the time. I am NOT frugal in my stock trading. Here I take large risks and gambles. But elsewhere I am frugal.

My mom used to say "It's not the amount of money,...it's the principle of the thing." She was talking thrift pure and simple. If you don't have to pay something, then DON'T. Because if you do, you're being stupid. And if you're being forced to, then it may be WRONG.

Because the OTC are forcing a fee to buy and sell Brainchip (BRCHF) it is now wrong in my opinion. And it's wrong on two counts. One is that less investment fee's are being charged frequently these days because of cutthroat competition for your dollars. And two, Brainchip just introduced a new way to trade Brainchip in the USA and elsewhere, that has no trading fee charged. It is symbol BCHPY and traded on the same platform OTCQX. Wait,....why no foreign transaction fee? Whoa,...something doesn't seem right.

On the one hand, I may buy a risky, some may say, speculative stock(s) investing tens of thousands of my money and think little of it, and at the same time feel my blood pressure rise each time I think about a pesky $50 fee I pay to enter a position in BRCHF, and again in the future to exit a position or sell. While other investors may enter and leave BCHPY at their will without having to worry about $50 charges, coming, or going. I'm angry, jealous of the no fee, and just a bit insane I think to have it affect me like it does. Deep six this fee. Right now. I think it needs to end.

To conclude, in the case of BRCHF and BCHPY both trading on the OTCQX marketplace, equality in trading fee's is now required. It is about both the amount being charged on one stock (BRCHF) and the principle of this unequal treatment being wrong (imo). Either have the trading fee or don't, one way or the other. But treat all Brainchip stock trading vehicles the same. That is logical and makes complete sense. But don't have them for trading here, and not have them for trading there. That's the way it is now and it's wrong.

The above are my opinions only. dippY

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
21.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $399.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
21.5¢ 21.5¢ 21.0¢ $631.4K 2.960M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
32 976602 21.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
21.5¢ 649767 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.