BRN 2.38% 20.5¢ brainchip holdings ltd

Just call me a grumpy old man when it comes to the quality of...

1. 9,747 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 25595
    Just call me a grumpy old man when it comes to the quality of journalism in Australia. Every aspect of journalism is dumbed down not on the audience side but on the journalist side of the equation.

Even something like homicide which is a pretty significant thing and probably worthy of journalists getting their statistics correct is completely divorced of the reality. Take the tragedy of women being murdered in relationships. The statistics show that men are actually being murdered each year at a significantly higher rate than women by men they know. So the reality is we do not have a crisis of women being murdered by men in fact if there is a crisis it is men murdering men they know.

Deaths in custody. This is terrible but there are far more men of non aboriginal heritage dying in custody both in raw numbers and in percentage terms. The numbers who die in custody of non aboriginal heritage are actually in custody at the time of their death or at least what you and I would think of as custody not some definition of custody that does not require the person to be physically under the control of the state.

Just about everything that is written or spoken by journalists in Australia is devoid of proper research so I am as I said a very grumpy old man when it comes to journalistic errors. There is just no excuse with the material available to them on the web accessible from their desk. Journalists tell us that this is down to Facebook and Google stealing their copy but the reality is that we the members of the public have just lost all faith in journalists to tell us the truth and to write properly researched stories about current events, finance, world affairs, medical breakthroughs etc;

So when they cannot even spell the name AKIDA correctly it just gets the grumpy old man syndrome rumbling away. Sorry end of rant but I do feel better for having said it.

My opinion only DYOR
    FF.

AKIDA Ballista

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.5¢
Change
-0.005(2.38%)
Mkt cap ! $380.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
21.0¢ 21.3¢ 20.5¢ $221.3K 1.056M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
49 1231546 20.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
21.0¢ 796473 25
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.54am 08/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.