BRN 2.00% 24.5¢ brainchip holdings ltd

2021 BRN Discussion, page-161

1. 9,529 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 24705
    Technology changes all the time but a lot of change will be necessary before Quantum computing as presently envisaged can fit in a hand held device at the edge and far edge.

It will when it is perfected be a bit like the first IBM it will be very expensive and sit running calculations at hyper speed for large projects in science and medicine and for such things as what is the meaning of life. You or I will not have any involvement as our day to day activities even in running a business will not need this level of computing power for any reason.

Our home computers may speed up when and if large cloud servers that look after our google searches eventually adopt Quantum computing but initially current technology will continue to do the job for what we need in this regard.

Out at the edge there will still be a need for AKIDA or AKIDA equivalent computing at low cost. Quantum computing will not in its infancy do anything to change how latency is affected by lack of connection and the quality of the network or solar flares affecting satellite transmissions. Eventually in the distant future Quantum will probably go to space but the current iterations are very power hungry.

And yes I am aware of the work being done on Quantum communication systems and of the Australian company that is hopefully going to provide a Quantum chip that operates at room temperature and does not need to be held at -60C to run Quantum projects as presently is the case. Personally I suspect that Quantum communication systems are likely to be kept tightly in the hands of the military for some time to come if and when they are perfected given the technology cold war that is in play at the moment and for the foreseeable future.

Anyway this is my very lay opinion DYOR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
24.5¢
Change
-0.005(2.00%)
Mkt cap ! $454.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
24.5¢ 25.0¢ 24.0¢ $2.351M 9.583M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 212207 24.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
25.0¢ 372207 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
24.5¢
  Change
-0.005 ( 2.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
24.5¢ 25.0¢ 24.0¢ 7464422
Last updated 15.58pm 03/05/2024 ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.