BRN 3.17% 30.5¢ brainchip holdings ltd

OK I'm going to weigh in on this Nanose device. Please don't...

1. 4,330 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1757
    OK I'm going to weigh in on this Nanose device. Please don't read this as a BRN down ramp as I have put a considerable amount on BRN after learning of the Renesas deal and NASA, Ford etc trialling the technology and I hope it goes to the moon someday soon as much as anyone who is invested.

Having had a quick poke around looking into the literature available on the Nanose, I cannot find anything that gives guidance on at what stage of infection this device is able to detect Covid19? This is incredibly important if this device is to be considered useful as a screening device.

Don't get me wrong I think the fact that Akida can be used in this device to pick up covid, cancers and any other deadly condition is incredible I just think from reading the threads there appears to be a few who can't understand why the Nanose announcement hasn't put a rocket under the share price. I'm just here to point out that when it comes to Covid 19 testing there are a lot of things to consider. For instance, is this device detecting the antibodies an infected person's body produces to fight the infection or the antigen ( virus ) itself? This makes a huge difference if a device is to be used to stop the spread. A person may be asymptomatic ( and infectious ) for up to three weeks before developing antibodies to the disease, if it is covid antibodies the device is detecting I wouldn't be holding out a great amount of hope for Nanose becoming a global sensation in Covid screening. Does anyone have more information on the sensitivity and specificity of the test? It's easy to say we can detect Covid but there are a plethora of rapid antigen and antibody tests on the market that can do that in 15 mins already, for me this device is going to have to be extremely accurate to warrant too much excitement about it, and I can't find any info available as yet that leads me to believe this will be the case. The data may come back soon that it is the most accurate test available but until we have said data available the jury is most definitely out.

I have developed a pretty good knowledge base on Covid19 Tests and testing through being invested in Brisbane based Anteotech ( ADO ). Their anteobind technology underpins the Ellume home tests that have made headlines recently with the US department of defence throwing nearly 300 million behind them including building a new factory in Maryland to manufacture their test. Anteotech are about to launch their own antigen rapid test at the end of this quarter once they have the results of the clinical trial that is being conducted by the Victorian infectious diseases reference laboratory a department of the world renowned Dougherty Institute. Anteotech are already very confident our results will mirror our own findings in that our lower limit of detection ( LLOD ) is very very low, in fact this is somewhat already validated in that it is the Anteobind in the Ellume tests that makes them so accurate. It is said to be almost on par with the polyrase chain reaction ( PCR ) tests that are performed in the labs- and are the only test allowed by the Australian government at this stage. So again this test detects the infinitesimally small virus itself within days of infection and can actually detect it before a carrier has themselves become infectious.. this is a huge point. The company has also engaged Novotech to conduct a further trial in India on live patients using both the nasal swab sample and a saliva sample. They believe their tech is that accurate that they will be able to offer a highly accurate test utilising saliva samples alone which will be a big game changer... anyone who has had a Covid test in the last year I'm sure will understand why I say this.. My eyes are still watering from the last 'brain probe' I experienced at Christmas time. The company have manufacturing in Europe ready to begin by Operon of Spain and will also be manufacturing and exporting from Australia they have also stated stating they are seeking manufacturing partners in Asia and the US.

I still believe that a device such as Nanose is an incredible leap forward and bloody amazing quite frankly. To think that you may be able to just one day give a quick blow into it at your GP's office while having a check up and be instantly screened for several different types of deadly cancers etc, that is an amazing thing to be a small part of by way of your investment in BRN. I just think that some may need to temper their expectations on an exploding SP brought on by massive uptake of this device in the fight against Covid, there is still a lot more hard data that needs to come out on how effective it will be.

Regardless of Nanose the shares of BRN are extremely undervalued at the moment just based on everything else they've got going on in my opinion.

GLTA, Pharvest

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
30.5¢
Change
-0.010(3.17%)
Mkt cap ! $563.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
31.0¢ 31.5¢ 30.3¢ $1.138M 3.716M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 158536 30.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
31.0¢ 271818 11
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
30.8¢
  Change
-0.010 ( 1.25 %)
Open High Low Volume
31.5¢ 31.5¢ 30.3¢ 2309338
Last updated 15.59pm 26/04/2024 ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.