AGY 0.00% 8.1¢ argosy minerals limited

2021 Charts, page-3295

1. 13,781 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8380
    Comprehension much?

I gave the example already. Clearly.

Say one earns $250k in their day job.
    Say their taxable income from THAT puts them into the +$180k bracket.
    Any realised gains on top of that from trading are taxed at 47%.
    I NEVER said that their "effective rate" would be 47%.
    $100k trading gains, in this case, WILL BE taxed at 47%. $47k tax payable on that $100k profit.
    If it's NOT realised, but left invested, then $0 tax payable on that $100k paper gain. Tax payable only when realised.
    In THAT case, where the tax rate is 47% (as per my original example), one certainly does NOT "pay the effective tax rate" on those realised gains.
    In THAT case, if you realise that $100k gain, you pay an additional $47k tax, if you let the paper gain ride, you pay zero additional tax (until you eventually realise a gain). It certainly does NOT mean that if you let that paper gain ride, that you "save" the "effective tax rate" on that $100k. This seems to be what you are asserting but it is simply incorrect. You save $47k in this year's tax bill. That $47k can remain "at work" for you, instead of in the tax man's pocket. Simple.

I gave the original example to compare trading vs investment income and tax effects, where the tax rate was clearly stated as 47%.
    SIMPLE
    It was NEVER purported to be applicable to everyone, or "a lot of people". It was ONE scenario. One example.

It couldn't be more simple.
    Why do you love to argue over nothing?!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.1¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $117.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.4¢ 8.4¢ 8.0¢ $61.81K 755.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 51030 8.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.2¢ 36787 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.02pm 23/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AGY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.