CI1 0.00% 11.0¢ credit intelligence ltd

Agreed, the macroeconomic outlook should provide some tailwind...

1. 61 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 29
    Agreed, the macroeconomic outlook should provide some tailwind for debt collection companies including Credit Intelligence. I think the consequences of the endlessly money printing on a global scale has yet been realised - there is a time lag but inflation is silently but surely creeping up.

In addition, another contributing factor of rising inflation is the lack of supply with global trade coming almost to a complete halt and border closures domestically meanwhile consumers paying inflated prices for goods & services to satisfy their "wants" rather than "needs" maxing out their credit via traditional credit cards/BNPL. The free ride (government handouts in Australia) ended in April but the full impact has yet to be felt as there is a time lag.

I think there's a lot going for Credit Intelligence but there's also some material risks we cannot ignore either. Yozo (BNPL platform) was acquired last year and is in a 3 year partnership with University of Technology Sydney. While it's fun to speculate but the reality is the potential is not yet proven (or at I don't this so). I think Yozo will require continuous capital injection before we can see a sustainable stream of profits rolling in (my guess, somewhere in the next 3-5years). Based on this assumption, I'm guessing this investment will impact on our bottom line ie. increased expense and lower profits, or maybe in line with last year.

Something that isn't widely discussed on this forum is China's expansion/exertion of power. China is attempting to, or at least planning to, regain control over Hong Kong (the main source of income for Credit Intelligence). The increased policitcal instability has discouraged foreign investments and business operations within Hong Kong. I can see Credit Intelligence being a potential beneficiary of the political instability. Inspite of this, I still remain wary as the political tension continues to rise and the future of Credit Intelligence. I'm still doing to my due diligence around this topic but feel like this has been overlooked and needs to be further discussed in depth. (Just a thought, maybe this political instability has contributed to the suppressed share price?)

Anyways, just my thoughts. I'm still accumulating but not as aggressively as I once was. Best of luck fellas

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CI1 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.