CCM 7.58% 6.1¢ cadoux limited

2021 - General Discussion, page-1010

1. 1,983 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1605
    Interesting comment about the collaboration Bill I have had similar response when I asked the company about Ecograf in the past.
    I had mentioned previously I thought FYI might be working on a potential new product in the EV Battery space (not just our stock HPA product).
    This would make sense as a possibility for sure.

Both FYI and Ecograf are a part of the FBI CRC and Andrew Spinks the MD of Ecograf is our largest shareholder.
    We are both located in Kwinana and in fact right next door to each other in the area:
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2929/2929942-5d74bfdaf134f580e8ba7c0ffc0a7dc7.jpg

Ecograf aim to provide a global new supply of environmentally responsioble battery graphite for lithium-ion batteries. They aim to build a plant in Kwinana and then grow to have further plants overseas including Europe.

We know about the HPA use on the anode / cathode separator and now there is further use for HPA on anode and cathode coatings, cell linings research is proving.
    Ecograph are looking to produce Spherical Graphite which is battery grade graphite that is the product that is consumed as an anode in lithium-ion batteries. It is it's special electrical conductivity that makes spherical graphite a critical component in anode manafacture.

Could Ecograph and FYI be collaborating on a new HPA coated product themselves or in conjunction with someone else in the EV Battery space?
    They 100% tick the environmentally friendly box given their processing methods.
    And I believe HPA can be recycled no problem at all so a big tick with any battery recycling in the future which will be a huge market on it's own.

If we do get an update on this collaboration as I think we will it should either be:
    - Research / confirmation that our HPA can be used for these other EV battery requirements (coatings etc)
    - A possible supply agreement of our HPA to Ecograf
    - A possible new product?

Anyway, I am just thinking out aloud here and I could be completely wrong or on the mark with my thinking. To me it makes sense though.

And this is another string to our bow for our business and will add value to any JV being negotiated with Alcoa.

Getting very hard not to get excited about the months ahead for FYI!

IMO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CCM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.