CCM 0.00% 6.7¢ cadoux limited

We had a double whammy yesterday, with US futures down & Europe...

1. 4,143 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7004
    We had a double whammy yesterday, with US futures down & Europe also going down 2% on Monday. Then there was the further drop in Iron Ore prices dropping recently from $230ish to $100 dragging all the other resource stocks down with it. Of course Lithium (and HPA) pricing has nothing to do with Iron Ore yet these companies were hardest hit.

Today's futures are down 100 pts as well, yet we already dropped 2% yesterday over the China worries, which the US did last night. Over the last 30-40 years I've found that events that cause markets to crash come from the left field such as the Lehman Bothers collapse, The market has been watching the Evergrande situation for many months now.

To me this recent rout is just temporary volatility and I've got my shopping list for today. Even in bear markets out of 100 stocks 90 might go down, but 10 go up. It's just harder to find those 10. If you stick with fundamentals, compare your company's market cap to it's peers, it's chances of succeeding in it's business plan etc etc, you won't go too far wrong. That's why I chose HPA then FYI.

How many times has the US market tanked, only to go back up by the same amount or more the next session. All of a sudden you kick yourself because you didn't take advantage of the volatility. Perennial seem to only buy on down days.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CCM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.