GNC 3.72% $8.81 graincorp limited

2022-23 Harvest Updates, page-51

1. 2,635 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 497
    Hi@Hopeful9

To answer your question. depending on the facilities of the various sites, and also the ability to make composite samples (for 3rd party analysis) - it makes very little difference. The grade and analysis, protein, moisture, falling numbers etc are determined.
    When the product reaches the export silos, and maybe used for blending, these 'certified results' are used. However the labs at the export terminals are also doing these tests continuously.

Different grades - or variations within a batch exported from a country silo are well controlled throughout the supply chain. This process always has cost plus additive, as Graincorp will sign off on quality, but far better than a shipment being rejected on quality issues. (There are many dirty stories about this, but i wont go into it) - and has happened in the earlier days of non graincorp export operators, And maybe still goes on in certain locations within Australia (but again a wont go into that either....you all know who i mean)

Graincorp has absolutely needed to make sure their operation, as they have so many parts of the supply chain, will stand up to any scrutiny. And it does.

Hope that helps as to understanding how the process works. !

In these days of constant monitoring and scrutiny, only the organizations that have a proven record will survive. One whiff of suspect behaviour will kill any other party...there is no room to cut corners.

There are certainly some out there in the Aus grain trade that are walking a tightrope.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GNC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$8.81
Change
-0.340(3.72%)
Mkt cap ! $1.976B
Open High Low Value Volume
$9.13 $9.13 $8.81 $7.947M 895.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 450 $8.81

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$8.82 2831 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$8.85
  Change
-0.340 ( 3.01 %)
Open High Low Volume
$9.10 $9.10 $8.82 87063
Last updated 15.59pm 12/06/2024 ?
GNC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.