BRN 2.22% 22.0¢ brainchip holdings ltd

2022 BRN Discussion, page-10723

1. 1,871 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 285
    https://www.eejournal.com/article/mind-boggling-neuromorphic-brain-chips-part-1/

feature article March 7, 2023 Mind-Boggling Neuromorphic Brain Chips (Part 1) by Max Maxfield

But we digress… The trigger for my current cogitations was that I was just chatting with Nandan Nayampally, who is the Chief Marketing Officer at BrainChip. It seems like yesterday—but it was almost a year ago to the day—that I posted a column Brain Chips are Here! This described how the folks at BrainChip were taking orders for Mini PCIe boards flaunting the first generation of their Akida platform in the form of their AKD1000 neuromorphic chips.

Even though it’s been around for only one year, the Akida 1.0 platform has enjoyed tremendous success, having been used by the chaps and chapesses at a major automobile manufacturer to demonstrate a next-generation human interaction in-cabin experience in one of their concept cars; also by the folks at NASA, who are on a mission to incorporate neuromorphic learning into their space programs; also by a major microcontroller manufacturer, which is scheduled to tape-out an MCU augmented by Akida neuromorphic technology in the December 2023 timeframe. And this excludes all of the secret squirrel projects that we are not allowed to talk about.

Just to make sure we’re all tap-dancing to the same drum beat, although the folks at BrainChip make their devices like the AKD100 available for evaluation and prototyping purposes, and while they will be happy to sell these devices to you if you wish, their main business model is to license their neuromorphic platform in the form of IP that you integrate into your own SoC designs.

Now, just 12 months later, the guys and gals at BrainChip are announcing the second generation of their Akida platform, whose mission it is to drive extremely efficient and intelligent edge devices for the artificial intelligence of things (AIoT) solutions and services market that is expected to be $1T+ by 2030.

There’s so much to talk about here that I’m afraid we’re going to have to take a speed run at it, so scrunch down in your chair and hold on tight.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
22.0¢
Change
-0.005(2.22%)
Mkt cap ! $408.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
22.5¢ 22.5¢ 21.8¢ $1.107M 5.019M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 110458 22.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
22.5¢ 355185 24
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.