BRN 2.50% 19.5¢ brainchip holdings ltd

2022 BRN Discussion, page-2954

1. 5,728 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3318
    I can't comment specifically for the rules of Aus Super (or any other fund), however when my wife inherited shares from her father her accountant advised that she should transfer the shares to her SMSF and not cash them. I think this also involved obtaining a certificate to prove the cost base for the shares so that if she sold them in the future, the capital gain could be determined. I tell this story to illustrate that it might be possible to transfer the shares to your super fund and you should pursue that possibility.

Be aware that some Super funds like to make transferring any funds out DIFFICULT and throw at you a whole bunch of go slow tactics (including pretending they lost your transfer request form, taking forever to process the request ("we are short staffed at the moment and seem to have a large case load." etc.) However, by law they cannot refuse the transfer request. You will need documented proof of the existence of your SMSF and proof that it is a complying fund.

When dealing with financial institutions playing go-slow, I have found that quietly and politely saying "Thank you for keeping me informed, I will check with the Ombudsman's Office" seems to speed things-up.

The above is provided not as financial advice but simply as a direction for your further research.
    I am not a financial advisor and just another punter of unknown quality on this forum.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
19.5¢
Change
-0.005(2.50%)
Mkt cap ! $361.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
20.0¢ 20.5¢ 19.5¢ $878.2K 4.371M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
64 1444914 19.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.0¢ 388739 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.