BRN 2.44% 20.0¢ brainchip holdings ltd

2022 BRN Discussion, page-4641

1. 6,614 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2189
    Hi FF,

This post is a bit presumptuous, but it's how I imaging PvdM came up with Akida, and I admit that i have not read PvdM's book, so I may be completely off the track.

The quest for neuromorphic functionality can be equated to explorers trying to find their way through trackless swampy jungles.

Initial explorers in both brain research and computer technology sought to replicate the neuromorphic functions of the brain by creating direct electrical analogues of neurons.

I think PvdM's initial insight came from standing on the shoulders of the giants who invented the analog (ReRAM/MemRistor) neuron.
    Analog neurons are fairly colsely analogous to the original wetware.

On the other hand, analog neuromorphics are difficult to get to work properly because of variations in manufacturing processes.

In addition they are difficult to control and can't be taught on-chip learning, although Intel now claims this capability for loihi2.

So, while all the research money was being poured into this intransigent technology to make SNNs more and more analogous to natural synapses/neurons, PvdM struck out into the unknown and conceived the idea of digital SNNs. I imagine that he realized that the function of natural neuromorphic could be suficiently emulated using digital "spikes" to produce sufficiently accurate results for sensors equating to the human senses.

In addition, he realized that programming and on-chip learning would be possible using normal digital logic circuitry. In doing so, he left the other neuromorphic researchers floundering in the morass of analog synapses and neurons, tipping money into the quicksand so they could keep their heads above the surface of the cloying ooze.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.0¢
Change
-0.005(2.44%)
Mkt cap ! $371.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
20.0¢ 20.5¢ 19.5¢ $579.8K 2.902M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
37 1243524 19.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.0¢ 349262 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.