BRN 2.94% 17.5¢ brainchip holdings ltd

2022 BRN Discussion, page-5239

1. 2,488 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1313
    BS

I too took exception to last week's article in *, where Sam Jacobs wrote anything that Luke Winchester of Merewether Capital told him. Including gems such as "...I don’t claim to have the expertise to comment definitively on the product itself." But then he does!

Here's a few expansions on your review, fwtw. Let's start with the inaccurate comment about listing rules being worked around so the company can create a narrative. For example, re ISL: "Because there was no commercial arrangement, the company said it didn’t fit Listing Rules criteria for an ‘announceable event." More: "BRN plays the game, but it’s not the only one." Winchester is apparently unaware that it is the ASX determining what is announceable and what is "just marketing" in ASX eyes. Residual (uninformed) slur, though.

And then there is the nasty damning with faint praise: "“It all looks real to me. It’s not a fraud in that sense – there’s something there that they’re working on,” he said. Very kind of him to say it isn't a fraud, but then the killer backhander is delivered: "‘…from my vantage point, if you’ve got tech that’s genuine and head-and-shoulders best in class, you get bought out".

As you highlight, BS, the misinformation in this area is beyond negligent and I'm thinking clarifying blocking stakes, T20 and sympathetic holders' stakes and Peter's attitude towards takeover, should be put on the record. Perhaps that is an offline discussion.

A couple of other gems that can only discredit the author and the quoted .."“Whoever carves out big piece of the edge/AI market will be big – I agree. But when I look at space already and the dollars being thrown at it, I struggle to think BRN is one of them.” And: “...that’s where I get a bit sceptical because if BrainChip had a market-leading solution, we already know Intel’s acquisitive. Apple, Nvidia etc – they don’t miss you.”

Finally: "...eventually the business metrics will have to catch up to support that valuation. Maybe it can – that’s the caveat to it all; they’re doing really interesting stuff in a really interesting market,” Winchester said.

Completely bereft of any meaningful knowledge of BrainChip this article adds zero to our collective knowledge on the subject. But I guess with the heading and the paragraph inches churned out, *'s objective of clickbait is fulfilled and to hell with any unjustified inaccuracies poured upon BRN and holders in the process.

In conclusion, yet another talking head who demonstrates throughout the article THAT HE DOESN'T KNOW ANYWHERE NEAR ENOUGH TO GIVE A REASONABLE, CONSIDERED ANALYSIS.

This cross we bear.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
17.5¢
Change
0.005(2.94%)
Mkt cap ! $342.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
17.5¢ 18.0¢ 17.0¢ $1.233M 7.023M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
31 1279811 17.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
18.0¢ 1408579 46
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.