BRN 2.50% 19.5¢ brainchip holdings ltd

2022 BRN Discussion, page-5282

1. 248 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 356
    (Part 2)

Meanwhile, slightly after Yahoo!'s Web directory started, a technology giant with a near monopoly in the Operating System space called Microsoft smelled the sweet aroma of potential profits and tried to muscle in on the search engine business with their own version called MSN Search. They even copied Yahoo!'s landing page with news, entertainment and sports all rolled into one page.

Microsoft even tried to play dirty by building their own Web browser (Internet Explorer), bundling it with Windows, and making MSN the default landing page. This earned them the attention of antitrust regulators which resulted in a settlement with MS having to make APIs available to other developers.

How much was Microsoft's R&D budget in 1999?

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4023/4023565-98e95990cc572ba7a3f086f974c5b5d1.jpg

US$2.97 BILLION. That's 40.5x Yahoo's and 1000+x Google's.

Bing... most people are familiar with this term because it is the onomatopoeia of a small bell sound or because it is the first 4 letters of Bingo. It is also the name of the current incarnation of MSN search. How many of you used this search engine recently? If you're like me and a large proportion of other internet users, your only exposure to Bing is when you buy a new computer and use Bing to search for your favourite browser to download.

So what I'm trying to say in no more than 100,000 words is, size doesn't matter, its how you use it which makes a difference (I'm talking about R&D here). Innovation often trumps capital, that's why many funds look out for startups to invest in, not industry stalwarts.

Just as in any other industry, the AI processor market will see innovators who will rise, giants who will fall, incumbents who will pivot away to capitalise on other competencies. Such is the nature of the game. DYOR and as long as you're confident in the company, have seen industrial acceptance from large corporations, and have a strong belief in the future prospects, the rest (revenue) should follow.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
19.5¢
Change
-0.005(2.50%)
Mkt cap ! $361.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
20.0¢ 20.5¢ 19.5¢ $878.2K 4.371M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
64 1444914 19.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.0¢ 388739 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.