BRN 6.12% 23.0¢ brainchip holdings ltd

2022 BRN Discussion, page-5669

1. 473 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 395
    @Fact Finder - having issues replying directly.

Replying to this:

The best way to disrupt the Brainchip threads is now not to attack the technology as that is proven but to disrupt a thread containing new value adding research.

The clever way to do that is with idiocy or memes or jokes which breaks up the thread and drives the intelligent post off the page and causes normal sensible people to go elsewhere and miss the value.

So when you say they are clever I agree it is just that there are many ways to be clever and sometimes being stupid is pure genius.

My opinion only DYOR- nothing more to say.
    FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

PS: One of the things I do is watch for when HC fail to promote posts like Bravo’s to Top Rated because it usually corresponds with a rise in idiot posts as well. Just saying.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Fair point - after hitting reply on my post to you, I did actually consider the Steve Bannon 2016 US Presidential race "flood the zone with sh*t" approach... very possible that is the case here. I do still maintain that simply trolling for reactions online is a very popular pursuit, and in most cases, if not all, these HC trolls are simply doing that.

AFL forum trolls aren't paid to destroy an opposition's membership numbers, and people that mercilessly and brutally troll a popular singer's body and looks aren't paid by rival record companies to shatter their confidence and marketability, etc - so I'm doubtful that all of these trolls are necessarily paid to act like bell-ends, because the internet has proved people don't need incentives to do so.

I won't definitively claim there is no such thing as a "paid downramper", but considering how prevalent trolls are online, the simplest answer is that most HC trolls are just toxic plums having "fun"… no way is it as rife as HC makes it out to be, where every idiot troll is being paid. Seems to be complicating things far too much to say trolls inhabit every corner of the internet, but need to be paid to come on HC and troll.

Not to mention, it would seem that “institutions” are paying people to down ramp almost every stock on the ASX. At least the ones that actually get traffic. I hold a biotech - not an insignificant one, as it has been valued up around $1 billion, currently around $400 million odd - which is in phase 3 trial, with very little to discuss. Very little traffic on the HC forum, and no trolls. Trolls go where the eyeballs, and therefore reactions, are.

Conspiratorial thinking is usually driven by the human desire to attribute “world shaking reasons” for “world shaking events” - eg, "JFK’s assassination was such a huge event, it couldn’t possibly be one lone nut with a rifle in a window. The CIA have to be involved!"

So I see a tendency on HC towards conspiracy, to thinking: “our shares are so valuable, the tech so incredible, these people must be here for a reason - maybe the CCP sent them in! They can’t just be bored narcissists!”

Well… they can and probably are in most instances.

Trolls are just people with a fairly identifiable negative personality make-up in varying degrees (plenty of studies have been done on these personality types) that see 'fun' in toxicity.

Anyway, posted far more on this topic than I intended to - the best advice to anyone, whether these are "paid downrampers" or just "plonker trolls", is to ignore them manually or utilise the actual ignore function. I know you will agree with this.

Not trying to be argumentative, just think the conspiracies go too far on here sometimes. All the best to you, and every other holder. Definitely some very valuable resources from people generous with their time on here. It is a shame the internet attracts such behaviour, whatever the basis for it.
    Last edited by barmy44: 29/01/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
23.0¢
Change
-0.015(6.12%)
Mkt cap ! $451.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
25.0¢ 26.0¢ 22.8¢ $4.032M 16.67M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
23 1116797 23.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
23.5¢ 395033 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.