BRN 0.00% 29.0¢ brainchip holdings ltd

Why CIOs must understand Apple’s Neural Engine planI found this...

1. 742 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 488
    Why CIOs must understand Apple’s Neural Engine plan

I found this old article from Apple back from 2017. they are talking about localised processing on device, AI disconnected from the cloud. Below I have highlighted a few things i found very interesting in line with what BRN is doing with AKIDA.

"One day, soon, your Apple iPhone will be able to figure out when you’re going to get sick, will book itself in for servicing when faults develop, will let you know if it picks up a virus, and will be able to figure out if the person you are sharing data with is authorized to see that information. CIOs should begin to think about how this level of machine intelligence may impact their business."

"Apple is allegedly developing a Neural Engine chip, which will be dedicated to performing artificial intelligence (AI) computation on mobile devices."

"This dedicated processor will leave the main processor to handle everything your smartphones already do, but will be able to handle machine intelligence functions natively on the device."

"Because the ability to handle native AI processing on the device (part of what motivated the Tuplejump acquisition) opens up huge opportunity in next-generation enterprise tech – from software defined networking to neuromorphic hardware with deep-learning algorithms baked deep inside the device.Such science fiction-like technologies are no longer fiction, they are becoming fact.Apple’s neural chip means it plans to ensure its hardware is able to support these astonishing technologies as they become more mainstream."

(Native support on the device is always going to be more effective than non-native reliance on pure cloud services, and that’s even before you stop to consider tricky questions around cross-border data transfer and retrieval.)

Apple will leap frog competitors in its attempt: because its solutions will be device-based, rather than being hosted in the cloud they have personal privacy and security at their core.

It seems to me that Apple is well aware of both Neuromorphic arcitecture and the benefit of processing at the edge. This was posted 5 years ago, but still i ave seen no other liks from apple thinking of locolised processing at the edge or Neuromorphic tech. Could this have been an early connection with Brainchip and Apple perhaps? time will tell the story

https://www.computerworld.com/article/3198711/why-cio-s-must-understand-apple-s-neural-engine-plan.amp.html

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
29.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $526.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
28.5¢ 29.5¢ 28.0¢ $846.0K 2.940M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
34 722331 28.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
29.0¢ 282416 19
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.24pm 01/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
29.0¢
  Change
0.000 ( 1.12 %)
Open High Low Volume
28.5¢ 29.0¢ 28.5¢ 1558428
Last updated 13.43pm 01/05/2024 ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.