BRN 0.00% 20.0¢ brainchip holdings ltd

Hi Guys, I am probably a bit off-topic and unconventional here,...

1. 392 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 601
    Hi Guys, I am probably a bit off-topic and unconventional here, so I apologise in advance for cluttering your board.

I spent a lot of time reading this board over a particular weekend earlier this year when the share price went over $2.00 and the media were all over Brainchip. I was curious to know more about the company and whether it was something I was interested in buying. Ultimately, I didn't purchase any shares as I struggled to understand the technology. I remember reading where some holders were in at crazy buy-in purchases -- well below 10 cents, and saying they would never sell. From memory, they were talking about attending a party in Perth with staff to celebrate.

I currently hold a very small, micro cap stock (the only stock I hold with a market cap < $1 billion) in a non-tech sector, in which the share price seems to only go in one direction -- and not in a good way! Obviously, I have some hope the company is doing something worthwhile, it is early in their journey, everyone is wrong (except for me!), and there will be good news / a change in sentiment, etc., etc. All investors are optimists in some way, I guess, but not all companies are worth persisting with.

There have been a lot of large price swings in Brainchip -- 25% to 50% up and down at times. To the long-term holders of BRN, how did you know at below 10 cents that Brainchip was worth sticking with and/or buying more shares in? Why didn't you sell?

Was it management quality? The technology? The quality of the communication between investor relations and shareholders? Ultimately you have been proven correct about the company. Did you have any reasonable doubt (all investors have some doubt) that perhaps things wouldn't work out for the company and its share price? Did/do the at-times sharp price falls influence your investing decision to continue holding BRN, or buy more (average down) / trim your holding (sell some)? What is it about this company/investment that makes it successful; is it just the superior technology?

I'd be keen to hear a couple of positive stories about persisting with Brainchip despite price volatility if anyone cares to share.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $371.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
19.5¢ 20.5¢ 19.5¢ $656.1K 3.281M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
16 364081 20.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.5¢ 1348618 18
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.